Thursday, June 14, 2012

Treasure Hunt

I went Thrifting twice in the past 2 weeks. One trip was to my local Goodwill and the other was to Buffalo Exchange. If you are not familiar with this store, I suggest you check it out. The one I go to is in Sherman Oaks but I know they have other locations. I have to be in the mood to go into these kinds of shops because they really do take patience and hard work to find what I call treasures. My most recent trips were both successful that they left me wanting to come back more often. My shopping haul consists of  2 blazers, 3 pairs of shoes, a cropped top, and a pair of colored denim.

This black blazer fits really well and its very flattering. I have a love affair with blazers and I can never have too many black ones. I liked the buttons on it and the ruched sleeves. Its adds a sweet touch. The details make this blazer more casual instead of a structured blazer I'd wear for work for example. I see myself wearing it with distressed jeans, my new Leopard pumps, gold jewelry, and red lipstick.
The second blazer I picked up, well, lets just say, it needs some TLC. I have plans for this "Granny blazer". It caught my eye because of all the fun colors plus, its blue. It will pair well with a black pencil skirt for work and jeans and a yellow top for a more polished casual look. I plan on switching out the buttons to something more wearable and modern and give it a new life.
Continuing on with the colored denim trend and the crop tops, I picked up one of each. The top is so much fun. Its flowy, easy, and just right once we start warming up. The jeans fit like a glove so I had to add them to my collection.

What I'm most excited about are the shoes I picked up. They're all very different from one another and they'll all serve different purposes.
I cannot wait to wear my new Retro Sneakers. These Nikes are definitely something I've never seen before either in stores or on a person. The minute I tried these on in the store, I started dancing to some Hip Hop beats. I seriously cannot wait for the weekend so I can wear them since I don't think they're too work appropriate.

The cowboy booties are just so adorable. I remember when these shoes were very popular. I was too young to appreciate them before but now,  I see myself planning alot of outfits around them. I'd love to start wearing  them with sundresses as soon as this weather cooperates.

The Leapord pumps are a staple. I've been wanting a pair but never found the right print. These are sexy, demure, and elegant. I prefer clean lines over clunky platforms. Animal print can either look good or plain cheap. I think these look great and they were cheap.

I'll be wearing all of my items this summer and hopefully get them up on outfit of the day posts. I forget what a thrill I get from finding such beautiful gems amongst all the fluff. I want to visit Thrift stores more often and I suggest you do too.

1 comment:

  1. What great finds! I'm not much of a thrifter but this post makes me want to go! I have been wanting to go check out a Buffalo Exchange lately xo

    ReplyDelete