Thursday, December 1, 2011

Battle of the Wands

I've heard all the hype surrounding these two magical mascara's for quite some time now. Some of my favorite beaty gurus swear by them and magazines are constantly giving them shot outs. So, I decided to try them out and here are my verdicts.


Smoky Lash has a very wet consistency which in my opinion, all of these are my opinions by the way, makes the product apply really clumpy. It does give you those thick sexy lashes that we all want but I almost feel
like you need to really work at it. The trick is you can't apply too much. The good thing with this "issue" is that you can get your lashes looking great with just one coat. Keep an eyelash comb handy because you may want to comb out the excess if you don't want to walk around with what may end up looking like tarantula legs. If you like that look, by all means, Rock it!

Diorshow applies nicely. It separates and coats each lash. But what Smoky Lash has, Diorshow lacks. You definitely needs two coats minimum to see any difference in your lashes. And that's just for daytime wear. If you're gonna go out and want a more dramatic look, you're gonna need to pack this baby on. This wand does nothing for thickness or fullness. Its more of a lenthening and clean look mascara. I feel that I can achieve the same, if not better results with one of my favorite drugstore brands, Physicians, My Blackest Lash Mascara.

So, my solution to bridging the gap and having the best of all worlds, thick, long, full lashes is to use both and that's exactly what I've been doing. Have you tried either one of these?

Posted by Meli, Adventures In All things Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment