Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holiday Shopping

I started browsing in stores last week for the perfect gift for the lovely people on my list. I was coming across a gift giving mental roadblock mainly because I felt that anything (other than electronics) I'd give someone wouldn't be all that meaningful. Mainly because I feel that we have become such a materialistic comsuming society (me of all people). Here's the way I think about it. If its something you need, you probably have it already, or you probably can go buy it for yourself. If its something you want, its probably too expensive for me to buy it for you (x25, the amount of people on my list). So, I'm left in the middle. Giving you something that you don't really want or need. Ugh!

I always ask people for their Wish Lists, thinking everyone has one because, I do. I always do. I wish all the time and for a lot. But when they tell me, I don't know what I want, then you leave me even more in the dark. I just want to put a smile on my love's faces this season with a meaningful gift that will warm their hearts. Happy Shopping.






Posted by Meli, Adventures In All things Beautiful

2 comments:

  1. Make all your friends get on Pinterest.

    http://pinterest.com/tishfers/

    It's a great help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great idea Tish. I love your post with your Pinterest items.

    ReplyDelete