Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ever Feel like this?




I woke up this morning feeling just like the picture above. Its a vicious cycle. I often dream of a sabbatical where I can just detach from everything. Technology mainly. We are so wired now a days. We're glued to a computer at work for 8 hrs if you're lucky, we're attached to our phones, guilty, we're on our FB's, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc etc... Its all a bit draining. Although I don't participate in Social Media except for this blog, if you even want to call it that with my 5 followers and all, (which I'm very grateful for), I have to say, I'm pooped. 

The routine is tiring. What ever routine you have going on, its tiring. I often look at other cultures, mainly Europeans and I have to say, they have something going on over there. 2 hour siestas, I like the idea of that. They actually take their allotted time off from work and go on vacations, they close shop early on summers. They generally enjoy more of their time. I say, we do as the Europeans do. Or at least try. 

2 comments:

  1. I have been feeling like this for at least the past year. I'm guilty of some what keeping up with my social media...facebook barely and my blog (4 followers ova here! lol) but little by little I have detached. There has to be a better way of life, I completely agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, the supposed convenience from having 24 hour shops and pretty much everything under the sun in LA (US) is costly. We pay with happiness and the precious time we have in this world. 'Tis Life...miss you!

    ReplyDelete