Saturday, January 7, 2012

Like Water for Chocolate

Book Club went down today. We discussed and even watched the Movie, Like Water for Chocolate. I must say, this book and movie were more sexual than I ever anticipated. It was a great love story and the characters will have you either admiring them or hating them. I'm not much of a "traditional" woman by any means but I do respect and admire my Mexican Culture and traditions. Now, will I be making mole from scratch today, or tomorrow...ummm.. probably not. I'd rather dine at a great mexican cuisine restaurant.  Frida anyone?


I love all the characters in my Book Club. Tish gave each one of us a wonderful gift. The writing on our canvas book bags couldn't fit our club better. It makes me want to start crunking the minute I read the words out loud, "I like big books and I cannot lie."


All in all, this was a lovely afternoon. Our next pick is  The Alchemist.


Posted by Meli, Adventures In All things Beautiful

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love your eye! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tish. You have all the right subjects in such a lovely home. Thanks for always making us feel welcomed.

    ReplyDelete