Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bringing out the Big Gun



I purchased this Bad Boy, Nikon D5000 back in January 2010. I was so inspired to take beautiful pictures by all the amazing blogs I read and peruse daily. I said, if these girls can take gorgeous photographs, why can't I. Well, truth be told, this lovely piece of equipment weighs about a ton and is just not practical to lug around everywhere. That's why its seen more dark days than bright ones.

On my recent trip to New York, my friend Omar bought himself a spiffy new Canon DSLR. The T2i I believe, don't quote me on the model. For an amateur, I was impressed with the result of his photographs. They were of great quality, he captured some great shots using a specific lens that shoots great depth of field shots. I practically begged him to "tag" me with his great photographs.

Since then, I vowed to take out my toy and appreciate it. I need to get familiar with it again and start taking some great pictures of everything and anything. Hopefully I'll have better photographs to share with you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment