Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Look for Less

Cynthia Vincent came out with some gorgeous wedges back in 2010. They retailed for $300. At the time, I was unemployed so a purchase such as that was a bit absurd considering I had no discretionary income. Soon enough, Target came out with a collaboration collection. I love it (really hate it) when they do that. They created such a buzz as they do with all their designer collaborations. The wedges Target was putting out were identical to the Originals. I set out one morning in the rain to 5 Target's. My horrible luck, they were either ALL sold out already or the store had not and did not receive them. I recall the disappointment like it was yesterday. I've never forgotten about those wedges. They haunt me. Last week, I thought about them so I Googled them. I found a site that sells them, still for $300.00.



With Spring in session, I wanted a new pair of wedges because last season's have been worn to death that the soles are coming off. I browsed Target's site and settled for the ones below.


I know they are completely different shoes and even though I'm still lusting for the originals, something is keeping me from buying them. I don't know what it is. Of course, the price tag is steep, but that's never stopped me before. Hmmm? I think I might be listening to too much Suze Orman.

No comments:

Post a Comment