Thursday, March 1, 2012

To Cut or not to Cut

My hair has gone through a drastic nasty change. Its nappy, dry, dull, and just plain ugly. This all started about 2 years ago. It literally changed overnight. No matter what I did to try to resurrect it, it just wouldn't cooperate so I chopped it off into a Bob. The random hair dresser I went to asked me if I was sure, I said, yes, I'm sure. So she cut about 6 inches. Its has grown back slowly and here we are today, shoulder length and just as ugly as before chopping it off. I wonder if its at all possible for your hair texture to just change? I thought maybe diet, meds, hair cuticle, lifestyle, stress, etc have anything to do with it. I actually did like my hair at one point in my life.

Bob Haircut Nov 2009

I've tried an insane amount of products both high end and drugstore that promise to restore moisture, make your hair shiny, vibrant, bs, bs, bs. I even dropped a whopping $250.00 on a Keratin treatment which was just a temporary fix. Now, I'm faced with the dilema, should I go back to square one and cut it all off again and run the risk of it growing back just as dry and brittle and hate the next two years it will take to grow back, or should I just accept that perhaps this is just my hair now? Frustrated to say the least.

Nappy Hair Feb 2012
Extensions? I've never tried them. Trims don't help much either which is what I've been doing regularly. I'm convinced that my hair has been cursed.

No comments:

Post a Comment