Friday, May 18, 2012

Hair Rx

I've been searching high and low for some hair therapy. I've posted previously about my struggles with dry and ugly hair. When the whole Keratin wave hit stores, it didn't take long for me to join the curious bunch. I've had a Keratin Treatment and I've tried  various Keratin products. Most recently, I tried out the Keratin line by Organix. Prior to trying these products, I was using the Morrocon Oil line by the same brand. Its the products in the Teal Blue bottles. I liked it enough to keep trying their other lines.








Considering that everyone's hair is different in texture, I can only speak for myself. I noticed a difference in how much softer my hair is with this shampoo and conditioner combo. The shampoo doesn't lather as much as other brands, but that's what makes your hair prone to more damage. The lather in shampoo contains so many chemicals that dry your hair out. So, if you're like me and feel that your hair is not getting clean without the suds, let me tell you, its not true.

Currently, I'm using the shampoo, conditioner, and I apply the Oil to treat my dry hair. I will be getting a haircut in about 3 weeks. There is no other remedy for dry and split ends other than cutting them. I'm undecided how much to take off. I wanted to grow my hair out long but there is nothing uglier than damaged long scraggly hair. So, A cutting we will go.

In order for my hair to look half decent, I must style it to camouflage its ugliness. I've been wearing it in waves lately.

                       
Air dried hair
15 minutes later, soft waves

No comments:

Post a Comment