Monday, May 14, 2012

New Skin

I've always been a strong believer that time heals everything. Around 2 years ago, I was fairly unhappy in a situation that literally took my sunshine away. Fast forward, I couldn't be happier and so comfortable with myself. I live everyday doing something that truly fulfills me. I remember being 29 going on 30, dreading the Big "30". I wasn't where I envisioned myself. I applied so much pressure to myself and now looking back on things, I say to myself, what an idiot!

I get these little bursts of joy through out my days just thinking about how truly comfortable I am in my own skin at this point in my life. I almost want to pinch myself cause it feels too good to believe its true. Accepting life's curve balls and carving out a new path for myself has made me so much happier and content. There are so many contributing factors to being truly happy. I could probably write a whole book about it but I have to say, you have to want to be in a good place, you must surround yourself with people who love you, are positive influences, and do something daily that truly feeds your soul.

Life is difficult but it doesn't have to be miserable. We have more control over our state of being than we realize or give ourselves credit for. I've cruised pretty well through life. Have dealt with obstacles fairly well but I never thought I'd be this comfortable with who I am today. I get it now when Adults say they are more secure and happier at their mature age of call it 45, and would never want to be a teenager again. I get it.

We're here for a good time, not a long time. Live in the Good Times.

2 comments:

  1. I've decided to put my blog on hold until I can figure out the direction I would like to take in. So I'm catching up on your blog while sitting in my business class. I loved this blog, can I tell you? Funny enough, about a year ago I felt the most comfortable in my skin. I was super active and single (don't get me wrong Jesse didn't change my feeling) constantly out and about and I felt so good. Since, I have been constantly complaining about my weight and this and that and yet, I haven't done anything about it. Crazy I just blew up on your bog which was not my intention but you're post made me realize where I want to be again. I've known you as Meli in a relationship and Meli as single and I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know you're living life and fully loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy. Life is always changing and I've learned to truly embrace the changes. Life experiences mold you to be who you are, whether the experiences are good or bad. They're all a learning lesson and they all serve a purpose. Just trying to live the best life I can while I'm here.

    ReplyDelete